This Week’s Challenge
Create a tool, using only the materials provided, that will allow your team to stack six cups in the shape of a pyramid and then un-stack the pyramid back to a pile.
Materials (per team)
- Six (6) plastics cup
- Five (5) pieces of string
- One (1) rubber band
- Design your tool using only the materials provided.
- Only the tool can touch the cups.
- Hands can only touch the string.
- Cups will be in a pile. Stack the cups in a pyramid as fast as possible.
The main purpose of this activity was to learn how to cooperate within a group and use ALL members to complete the task. It’s almost impossible to complete this task by touching only the string without everyone participating. Many students struggled working together and sharing their ideas with members of their group. This challenge was difficult, indeed! That being said, I would like to give a special shoutout to Table 5 for being the first to get close to solving the challenge by tying a string to the rubber band. In addition, I’d like to thank Table 2 for persevering and not giving up.
Great work, friends!